In 1953, Dwight Eisenhower was president. Fairless Hills had been created for the employees of the U.S. Steel Works, and Levittown had been built by William Levitt for GI's returning from WWII and their families.
Along with the new homes and planned communities, there was a strong need for a Baptist church. Ten residents of the newly created communities began to meet at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Benton Grooms for weekly prayer meetings. Thus began First Baptist Church of Levittown-Fairless Hills, a member of American Baptist Churches U.S.A. and its regional unit, the Philadelphia Baptist Association.
As membership increased, the William Penn Center in Fallsington was made available for Sunday services. Although the church membership was grateful for the use of this historic building, the congregation was rapidly outgrowing it. Therefore, on December 20, 1954 ground was broken for a church building.Our church continues today with activities for everyone. We worship and fellowship together through weekly Bible studies, a women's circle, a choir, ministries to children, packing donated food for the homeless, knitting watch caps for seafarers, the ministry to the poor men and women who work behind the scenes at the racetrack, intergenerational game nights and dinners and making our building available for weekly meetings of three recovery groups.